- Seminars, debates, symposium and talks on environmental issues
- Field visits to environmentally challenged areas such as polluted and degraded sites
- Visits to wild life parks, sanctuaries, forests and other areas of natural interest
- Pursue activities like tree plantation, cleanliness drive within and outside school premises
- Involve in kitchen gardening, water harvesting, building bird houses, composting, paper recycling
- Organize sanitation and hygiene awareness programmes with the help of posters, slogan writing
- Selection of District coordinators.
- Selection of schools by the DEOs.
- Identification of master trainers at the district level.
- Nomination of green teachers by HM.
- Formation of Eco Club and enrolment of students as members.
- Train the Trainers programme – Master trainer to train the green teachers.
- Training of Master trainers.
- Commencement and continuity of phase wise activities in schools by the teachers.
- NGC proposes the creation of a blog and digital newsletter to showcase the best practices, performance, activities, achievements and the creative talents of the green brigade.